Accepted Card Types
Backstage accepts all major bank debit or credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover), as long as they are not prepaid or gift cards. We also accept Apple Pay.
We do not accept PayPal, Bitcoin, or bribes (sorry!).
How to Add a New Credit Card
- To add a new card, log in, and then click on 'My Account' in the upper right corner of your screen, and select 'Account Settings' from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Payment & Shipping in the right navigation menu, and then click 'Add a new payment method'.
- Input your card information carefully (double check for mistakes!) and then press Save. Your next bill will be taken from your new card.
How to Remove a Credit Card
If you'd like to delete a card in the system, follow the steps above to navigate to the Payment & Shipping panel. Then:
- Select the card you'd like to delete from the dropdown menu.
- Once you have the card selected, click the delete button located beneath the right side of the dropdown menu.
- Confirm that you'd like to delete the card by clicking on the 'Delete' button. You can only delete a card if another one is entered to replace it.
How to Set a New Default Payment Method
If you have multiple credit cards on file, you want to make sure that you have selected the card that you want to be charged after uploading the new one. Follow the steps above to navigate to the Payment & Shipping panel. Then:
- Select the downward arrow on the Payment Method bar (noted above) to bring up the cards that you have previously entered.
- Select the card that you want to use and then hit the 'Edit' button.
- In the new window that pops up, select the 'Set as default card' option and click 'Save'. That completes the process of setting a new default payment method.
Automatic Card Updating
A few years ago, an expired card or a card reported as lost or stolen would cause payments like those sent to Backstage to lapse. However, both Visa and MasterCard each released products in 2013 that enable the digital exchange of updated card information to be passed to participating merchants. By automatically updating accounts with the new card details, disruptions due to expiration or cancellation of credit cards no longer occur for Backstage customers.
This is an optional service, so should you not desire to use it you will need to contact your bank to opt out.
It's important to note that because of this, the expiration or cancellation of a card will not stop payments to Backstage. If you want to cancel your subscription, you can do so by contacting Backstage customer support.