In addition to an actor's regular Backstage profile, there is an ability to create a Voiceover Profile that can be used to showcase your best voiceover work and apply to voice specific job opportunities.
Creating the Voiceover Profile
You can create your Voiceover Profile by going to the 'Edit Profile' page within your account. Under the name section you would click on 'Regular Profile' and a drop down box will appear. You would then click on 'Voiceoever Profile'. Please note that once you have created the additional profile, you may switch back and forth between them using this drop down box
You will then be greeted by a pop up speaking to what the Voiceover Profile offers. After reading through that, you would select 'Yes' to proceed.
Now you will find yourself on the Voiceover Profile page. Read through the pop up seen below and click 'OK' to proceed.
The Voiceover Profile page is now presented to you as seen below. The next steps will be fleshing it out with information and reels.
- There is a biography section where you can speak to all things related to your voiceover career.
- By clicking on the edit icon next to 'Voice Characteristics' a person can list their voice gender and voice age.
- Under 'Voice Abilities' a person can list the languages they speak and accents that they can do.
- 'Voice Reels' is where you can upload applicable video and audio reels to your Voiceover Profile. Please note that if you already have reels on your Regular Profile, you would need to do the 'Add Selected' step to bring them to the Voiceover Profile page.
- Just like on the Regular Profile page, you can add links to pertinent pages, list credits, and note representation.
Finding Voiceover Roles
To find voiceover opportunities, users only need to select "Voiceover" under "Role Type" in the casting calls page filter.
Applying to Opportunities to Voiceover Roles
Once you have created the Voiceover Profile page, you will now use that to apply to voice specific roles. If a person attempts to apply to a voice specific role and they have not created the Voiceover Profile, they will be prompted to do so as it is now necessary to have that profile created in order to apply.
Clicking on 'Create Voiceover Profile' will bring the person to the beginning steps that were outlined above.
When the user has a voiceover profile, the application process is similar to the process of applying to other roles. If the user has voice reels in their profile, those voice reels will be automatically added to the application.