As a casting director, Backstage allows you to add and manage collaborators on a specific casting call to help you work together in a production's Application Manager, so you can view the same talent submissions, help each other organize the applications, and see each other's notes.
Adding Your First Collaborator
Adding collaborators to a project is easy!
- Once logged in you will automatically be taken to your Casting Dashboard (if not, you can select the 'Casting Dashboard' icon located in the top right of your screen).
- Below My Productions you will see Collaborators with a blue arrow. Click on that.
- You will be taken to your Collaborators view where you can invite a collaborator by clicking the Invite a Collaborator button.
- A pop-up box will appear. Select the production you want to add a collaborator on from the dropdown menu. Add the collaborator's email address (the one associated with their Backstage account, if they have one already) and include a brief message if desired.
- Click the Send button and your new collaborator will now show up in the collaborator section.
You can add new collaborators or manage existing ones by following the instructions below.
Adding Additional Collaborators
- Once you've navigated to your Casting Dashboard (see step 1 above), click on either the Collaborators heading or the blue Go to Collaborators View button.
- Follow steps 1-5 above to add another new collaborator.
You can also remove collaborators if it is no longer appropriate for them to be assigned to a specific project.
- Navigate to the Collaborators view page as outlined in Step 1 above.
- Click the down arrow to the right of the collaborator that you want to remove.
- This will expand the collaborator and show all the productions they are assigned to. By selecting the Unassign button located on the right, you will remove them from the production. If there are multiple productions and you select all of them, the person will be removed as a collaborator altogether (but they can always be added back in later).
Assigning Existing Collaborators
You can also assign already existing collaborators to new productions.
- Once in the Collaborators page, find the collaborator you'd like to assign to an additional production, and click on the Assign Production button.
- A window will pop up allowing you to select from your productions, active ones first. Click the Select Productions drop down menu and then the checkbox to the left of the production(s) and click on the Assign to Productions button.
*If desired, you can add a collaborator to an expired project as well through this method.