The Backstage Community Guidelines is the weapon we use to police the forums. User's must agree to these guidelines in order to post with us, and we then hold them to that contract.
The above link is more of a legalese version of what we expect from our users, but they can basically be summed up in the following laymen's terms.
- No Derogatory or Hateful Comments -- Simple, right? Do not post content that is derogatory or hateful towards another race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or other form of identification. This will not be tolerated and is subject to immediate removal.
- No Flaming -- Posting hostile, malicious, or insulting messages aimed at other users for their comments or personal views is not permitted. It’s fine to disagree with someone else’s opinions and trigger a debate—just be respectful about it!
- No Foul Language or Adult Content -- We are a PG-13 community and have every intention of keeping it that way, so please avoid the use of profanity or at least censor these words appropriately. This applies not only to post content, but also to Conversation titles and usernames as well.
- Don’t Feed the Trolls -- From time to time, people will post about controversial topics or antagonize others for the sake of it. Please report them if any issues arise! Trolls are not to be fed.
- Absolutely, Positively, No Spam -- Any automated messages, unwarranted links advertising another website, or multi-posts (posting many times in a row in the same thread) that are found on the forum will be deleted and the poster penalized.
- Keep Posts in the Relevant Topic -- Please keep Conversations listed under the right Topics. Threads that are put into the wrong Topics will be moved by Moderators and the posters warned.
- Do Not Hijack Threads -- The practice of taking a Conversation in a different direction from what the title intended or indicates is called “thread hijacking”—don’t do this. Instead, please start a new Conversation.
- No Illegal Content -- Posting (or reposting) of copyrighted materials or illegal links are not allowed here. Support your fellow actors, writers, directors, and other industry personnel by paying for their work!
- No Solicitation -- It's against the rules to promote any commercial business in the Backstage Community. Doing so will result in your account being banned. TL;DR... just don't do it.
- No Casting Calls -- Although we encourage the discussion of casting and audition-related topics, the Backstage Community is not intended to actually cast specific projects. If you’d like to cast a project, please use our casting system on Backstage.com to post listings or browse our Talent Database!
The above is written on the forums as a post and you can link users to it should you need to.