iTunes Subscription Management
Unfortunately iTunes does not allow us to cancel subscriptions or issue refunds for payments made through them, so you will need to cancel via iTunes directly.
If you did not subscribe via iTunes, you can cancel your subscription by contacting Backstage customer service.
For more information on cancellations for non iTunes subscribers, please click here.
Cancelling your iTunes Subscription
If you are viewing this on your iPhone, tap this link to get started. If not, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Tap 'View Apple ID'. You might need to sign in or use Touch ID.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage.
If you're being charged for a subscription, but you don't see it in your list of subscriptions, it might be billed through someone other than Apple. Get help with subscriptions that aren't in your list.
- Use the options to manage your subscription. You can choose a different subscription offering, or tap Cancel Subscription to cancel your subscription. If you cancel, your subscription will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
As stated above, Backstage cannot give refunds to purchases made through iTunes. However, users may contact iTunes customer service to get refunds issued. We have included instructions on how to do that here for your convenience.
- First open Mail, or the Mail app that you use with the email that links to your iPhone account.
- Search for “Your receipt from Apple”, which will may include many options.
- Tap on the email that has the item you want a refund for.
- If there are too many options, try appending "Backstage" into your search query.
- Once you find the email, tap on the 'Report a Problem link' and then tap on 'Report on the web'.
- Choose your reason for wanting a refund from the dropdown menu provided, and include any additional notes in the text field below.
- Click on the submit button.
Note* If you delete your Backstage app, you will still need to cancel your subscription with iTunes in order to stop recurring billing.